Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources Job Opening at The University of Calgary in Calgary July 2017
LautanJobs.com - Today’s employment recruitment is extremely very competitive, that is certainly why you need to operate wisely and it's also not just a tricky course of action. LautanJobs.com will give you opportunity to get it done which means you could help to make the right conclusion inside far better strategy to receive swift along with superior outcome. This way you will definately get better probability and safer live sometime soon. The University of Calgary is one of the firms you can trust to present your family appropriate in addition to much better reside in the foreseeable future. Joining this company will make a person competent to attain your own purpose simpler and help make the desire be realized.
To help to make this company imaginative and prescient vision and also assignment comes legitimate; The University of Calgary will be open regarding fresh place seeing that Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources throughout Calgary begin as July 2017. Everybody who’s thinking about completing this kind of nonincome producing, you should engage in this particular Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources July 2017 recruitment within Calgary. It truly is recommended for everyone members to organize many essential prerequisites just for this employment recruitment method, for the reason that method will be needing someone to give suitable standards which the organization would like due to this location. If you are that you are one that may load the options, you can attempt to see more information about Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources July 2017 in Calgary below.
Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources at The University of Calgary in Calgary July 2017
Total Rewards (Compensation) in Human Resources is currently seeking a Full-time Temporary Relief Analyst, Total Rewards for approximately 1 year.
Total Rewards at the University of Calgary supports the attraction, motivation, and retention of staff. Key elements include compensation, group benefits, pensions and retirement programs, and employee recognition. The Analyst role provides specialized technical, analytical, and consultative support for the delivery of programs and practices in each of the key Total Reward elements which in turn results in optimal staff engagement.As a member of the Total Rewards team, this position will report to the Specialist, Compensation and Recognition and is required to work closely with other members of the Total Rewards team. Significant cross functional teamwork and communication is required within the Total Rewards team and with other Human Resources staff and managers across the University community.The job is demanding and success in this role requires impeccable accuracy; excellent analytical, prioritization and organizational skills; sound judgment; initiative and discretionary decision making which impacts services in an environment of change and shifting priorities. The job is also responsible for providing superior service pertaining to the complex rules, regulations, and administrative issues in Total Rewards, and deals with multifaceted and confidential situations. Competing interests must be managed with satisfactory outcomes for all involved. Peak periods can be high stress with multiple priorities and simultaneous deadlines.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Conduct job evaluations, job reviews, and salary administration as well as maintenance of related PeopleSoft requests
- Analyze job profiles for the purposes of classification within existing employee groups
- Complete salary surveys to benchmark and analyze market competitiveness, identify emerging trends and best practices, and report on findings of specific Total Rewards programs
- Analyze internal and external equity based on university compensation principles and strategies
- Work with HRIS data (i.e. PeopleSoft) and external sources to support cost benefit analysis, impact and scenario analysis, and production of statistical reports, summaries and briefs
- Provide fiscally responsible recommendations within approved budgets, financial processes and policies and salary management guidelines
- In conjunction with the team, develop and maintain metrics or key performance indicators for regular reporting
- Provide timely and credible expert advice, education and support to the larger Human Resources team, managers and staff on related Total Rewards programs and practices
- Maintain consistency in business practices and the interpretation of guidelines, policies and collective agreements
- Provide guidance and advice to departmental leaders with regards to job evaluation, market benchmarking and classification of exempt and unionized positions.
- Support members of all staff groups in compensation practices including job evaluation, salary administration, and market benchmarking
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver various communications, and maintain detailed electronic records
- Solve disputes through effective relationship building, investigation, decision-making, influencing and negotiating with HR Advisors, HR Partners and managers
- Acts as an ambassador for employee recognition and participates in the planning, coordination, and delivery of various employee recognition and appreciation programs
- Responsible for staying abreast of related legislation, regulations, collective agreements, and contracts in order to act as an expert resource to the Total Rewards team and the university as a whole and ensure prompt and accurate compliance
- University degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 3 - 5 years of recent, related professional experience in Human Resources and compensation
- Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP), Canadian Compensation Professional (CCP), or other relevant certification considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- Comprehensive knowledge of job evaluation methodologies and compensation plans and systems; preferably in a unionized, public service environment
- Knowledge of recognition and appreciation programs, group benefit and pension plans considered an asset
- Ability to think critically through complex issues providing reasoned and objective solutions and decisions
- Ability to research, collect and interpret data for the purpose of developing effective and meaningful programs, including strategic thinking in contributing to the design of operational changes
- Ability to achieve results and successfully manage multiple competing priorities with minimal supervision and pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills, including displaying sound judgment, collaboration, tact and diplomacy in interactions with various internal and external stakeholders
- A positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team member with a service delivery focus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) (i.e. PeopleSoft) is considered an asset
- Ability to write and effectively deliver written and verbal communication
July 28, 2017
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is classified in the Professional Career Band, Level 2 of the Management and Professional Staff Career Framework.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
If you are interested and qualified to follow the job recruitment, you have to prepare yourself and send your application letter immediately. Only candidates who meet the criteria for Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources in Calgary, Calgary who will be called to attend interview. If you still do not satisfy with our job recruitment information above, you can try to read other job recruitment information that we provide in our website which still located in Calgary region from any other company. You can also try to find other job recruitment information for Analyst, Total Rewards (Compensation), Human Resources in Calgary below.
The above information may have been invalid or not applicable. First check to the company concerned about the information above before applying. Never give money for any reason related to the job. All information is automatically displayed from Indeed.com